International Year Two in Computing Science
Get ahead and graduate with a computing science degree from a prestigious UK university in just three years.
Kickstart your Computing Science career
Join the International Year Two in Computing Science and graduate from the prestigious University of Aberdeen in just three years. You will begin your studies at the International Study Centre, where you will complete the second year of your degree. After studying the International Year Two, you'll progress to the third year of your four-year degree in computing at the University.
What will I study?
On the programme, you'll study a range of modules that have been designed to help international students succeed at the University. We have worked with University academics to make sure you become familiar with university-style teaching, and progress with the required English language skills and subject knowledge for your undergraduate degree.
- Computer Systems & Architecture
- Introduction to Programming & Human Computer Interaction
- Databases and Data Management
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Mathematics for Computing Science
- Software Programming
Why study Computing Science at the University of Aberdeen?
- The University’s teaching is heavily informed by its’ strong links with industry organisations, who support students through guest lectures and seminars as well as prizes (including Amazon, CGI and ScotlandIS).
- The Aberdeen Software Factory is a student-run software house, where you can gain experience, and build your CV, by working on large projects with real clients.
- Recent Aberdeen graduates have secured exciting jobs across the computing industry. These roles include Applications Developer, Cloud Developer, Development Engineer, IT Security Officer, Systems Administrator, Technology Analyst, and Web Designer.
- There are a variety of social and professional events that you could benefit as extra-curricular activities, including ACM programming Contest, Code The City and Global Service Jam.
- The Aberdeen University Artificial Intelligence Society and the Aberdeen University Computing Society provide a forum for students to share their interest and expertise in computing through workshops, guest talks, coding challenges and social events.
Save time and money, and experience a seamless transition to undergraduate success by studying our International Year Two programme and the remainder of your degree with one visa.
Doing this means you will benefit from the following:
- Alternatives to Academic IELTS for UKVI can be used to join the International Year Two programme.
- You can work for up to 20 hours per week while in the UK, so you can enhance your CV and graduate prospects during your studies.
- You do not need an additional IELTS test before joining your undergraduate degree.
- There is no need to return home to apply for a new visa between your International Year Two and chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Aberdeen.
- You will have the opportunity to travel and explore the UK between courses.
The combined visa is suitable for students who have previously studied academic subjects in the UK.
Progress to your degree
By completing the International Year Two pathway and achieving the required grades, you are able to transition to the third year of a four-year computing degree at Aberdeen. This pathway offers progression degrees as a BSc or MA (Master of Arts) degrees - this is an undergraduate degree equivalent to a BA degree.
|Degree Programme Name||Award||Overall Grade||English Grade||Grade Module|
The modules offered at the University of Aberdeen are practically-oriented, so they don't just focus on theoretical concepts, they also focus on practical concepts, which will help me require the essential practical skills for my future career."
Faizan from Pakistan
International Year Two
BSc Computing Science