Foundation programme fees
Keep up to date with our latest tuition fees and other costs for studying with us in Aberdeen.
Fees for international students
Once you’ve chosen the perfect pathway programme for you and discovered the tuition fees for your course, you can start the application process.
Undergraduate Foundation Programme
Subject route Year 1 (ISC) Year 2 (Uni) Year 3 (Uni) Year 4 (Uni) Business, Economics, Accountancy and Real Estate £15,500 £17,200 £17,200 £17,200 Life Sciences
£17,200 £19,700 £19,700 £19,700 Humanities, Law and Social Science £15,500 £17,200 £17,200 £17,200 Physical Sciences & Engineering
£18,000 £19,700 £19,700 £19,700
Undergraduate Foundation Programme in Life Sciences – Pathway to Medicine
International Year Two
Online Pre-Sessional English
Online Pre-Sessional English Cost 10 weeks £4,500 20 weeks £9,000
Additional fees Cost Accommodation Visit the Accommodation page Airport transfer (one way) Aberdeen Airport £63 StudyCare Insurance Plus (12 month cover) £8 per week (to cover duration of course).
Visit the Student insurance page
Police registration (if required) Please visit the Gov.uk pages to read more about Police Registration. Healthcare surcharge (payable on application for your visa) Visit https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay for information
Our tuition fees are valid for any programme that commences in the 2020/21 or 2021/22 academic cycles. University tuition fees are for guidance and are subject to change at the discretion of the University of Aberdeen.
When are your fees due?
- Once you have received an offer of a place at the International Study Centre, to secure your place you will need to return a signed acceptance form and a confirmation payment. The confirmation payment consists of:
- £235 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable)
- £1,000 Deposit
- Insurance payment for StudyCare Insurance Plus if applicable
- On receipt of your signed acceptance form and the confirmation payment, we will send you your confirmation pack and your Student Statement document.
- Prior to enrolment, and before you apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (‘CAS’), you will also need to pay £6,000 in advance tuition fees. This will also give you access to our exclusive preparation course – Prepare for Success.
- Once the CAS has been issued, and before arrival at the Centre, you will be required to pay:
- The remaining fees due the first two terms
- Your accommodation fees (if applicable) as set out on your individualised payment plan on your offer letter
- Fees for future terms are due one term in advance
Paying your fees
Our how to pay page has all the information you need to know on paying your tuition fees.
We offer scholarships for undergraduate study once you progress to the University of Aberdeen. You can read more about our scholarship opportunities here.
All international students should have accident and medical insurance for the duration of their time in the UK. This will make you feel more secure because not having the proper cover can be extremely difficult and expensive.
You can take out our own StudyCare Insurance Plus policy alternative cover with a third party. The StudyCare Insurance Plus policy covers loss of personal possessions as well as providing health and medical insurance. It is designed for international students while studying abroad and covers you until the end of your programme. Please let your admissions advisor know if you wish to purchase our StudyCare Insurance Plus.
All students under the age of 18 at the start of their course will receive our guardianship service free of charge. A guardian will support you during your time in the UK until you turn 18. More information will be provided after you apply.