Why study an MBA? Top 7 reasons
The Master of Business Administration, commonly known as MBA, has long stood as a significant milestone in the academic and professional world. In the rapidly evolving business landscape, where international boundaries are increasingly blurred, many seek this prestigious degree to help them become experts in global markets.
But beyond its widespread recognition, why should you study an MBA?
Top 7 benefits of an MBA
- Career advancement: An MBA is a great asset for career progression. It helps you develop a deeper understanding of business ecosystems. In today's job market, an MBA provides a strategic advantage, placing you ahead in the race.
- Networking opportunities: An MBA attracts a wide range of professionals and emerging leaders. The network you build can offer collaborations, job prospects, or even business partnerships in the future.
- Global perspective: In today's interconnected world, businesses require leaders who can navigate international markets seamlessly. University of Aberdeen’s MBA, like many globally recognised programmes, infuses international business strategies, collaborations, and global case studies, offering a comprehensive view of worldwide business operations.
- Leadership development: More than a curriculum, an MBA is a journey of personal growth. Regular group interactions, leadership modules, and real-world challenges help students become decisive leaders, ready to lead teams on a wide variety of projects.
- Credibility and prestige: An MBA from a recognised UK institution like the University of Aberdeen (12th in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2024) amplifies your professional standing. It shows the world that you’re serious about your career.
- Enhanced skill set: An MBA isn’t just about mastering business; it's about evolving as a professional. The curriculum ensures you graduate with the versatility you need to show the business world you are an invaluable asset.
- Problem-solving and innovation: In a time where businesses must constantly innovate, MBA graduates are trained to be quick thinkers. They are equipped to work on complex issues, find opportunities in challenges, and drive innovation.
Study an MBA at the University of Aberdeen
Why choose Aberdeen?
Study an MBA at the University of Aberdeen and take a big step forward in your career.
The University of Aberdeen offers two unique programmes to help you become a leader in business. First, the Business Analytics MBA teaches you how to use data in making smart business choices. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) helps you learn the key skills to manage a business and lead a team successfully.
Both courses are easy to understand and give you real-world skills to make a difference in the business world. The University of Aberdeen will help you learn, grow, and become a confident business leader, ready to make a mark in the global market.
The University of Aberdeen is not just a place of learning; it's a hub of innovation, excellence and home to a vibrant community.
- Robust economic prospects: An MBA isn't just a degree; it's an investment in your future. With MBA graduates being sought after worldwide and with a high earning potential (over £80,000 according to the Association of MBAs), the financial benefits are crystal clear. The University of Aberdeen’s teaching, combined with its academic reputation, ensures you will stand out in the corporate world.
- World-class accreditation: Aberdeen’s MBA is Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accredited. CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. This means you don't just graduate with a degree, but with an enhanced marketability and a global recognition that employers worldwide will take notice of.
- Strong industry connections: Aberdeen takes pride in its industry connections. From live projects with global corporations to facilitating interaction with industry giants, the University ensures students get a taste of real-world business challenges.
- Alumni with potential: The University of Aberdeen’s alumni have enjoyed success in their careers, with recent graduates going on to work in organisations such as Accenture, Bank of Scotland, Centrica, KPMG, Shell and Standard Chartered Bank.
- Fantastic facilities: The University offers 24/7 online support through its Virtual Learning Environment, MyAberdeen, and access to a wealth of books and resources at the University Library. You can also grow your social network and skills through international and professional development opportunities. Additionally, joining groups like the Entrepreneurial Society allows you to meet like-minded peers and foster innovative ideas in a supportive community.
Prepare for your MBA degree at the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre
International students can begin their journey to an MBA with a pathway programme at the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre. Get the best possible start to learning in the UK, with excellent student support and English language development.
The Pre-Masters in Business and Law is specially designed to help international students like you transition to postgraduate study in the UK. Fast-tracked over twelve weeks, you will study a mix of modules and subject-specific classes to fully prepare you for your chosen progression degree at the University of Aberdeen, including an MBA.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Which MBA course is the best?
The ideal course depends on individual career goals and industry trends. It's essential to choose a path that lines up with both current market needs and your own goals.
Is studying for an MBA worth it?
Yes, there are many benefits to studying an MBA, offering not just great career opportunities but personal and professional growth. MBA graduates are in high demand worldwide, with the average salary of an MBA graduate is over £80,000 according to the Association of MBAs.
What does an MBA teach you?
An MBA is a journey through the intricacies of the business world. It equips you with leadership skills and the agility to navigate the ever-evolving corporate world.